Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

India - Alexandra Campmas


India

We've waited this moment for a long time... And it finally arrived, indeed, the 23th of October, in the evening, we were in the plane, hurry to arrive and see India. Through the windows we were looking toward the huge city, for me it was completely different than European cities. Then my first impression when we put our foot for the first time on the earth was the difference with the air: it was hot and we noticed smoke in the sky, Mr Pierre Clouet explained us that it was usual in winter and it was also composed of pollution. 

The first day in Delhi, I was a little bit lost, like if I was not in the right place... because I didn't have any European reference marks. And monkeys came in the hotel I was confused because it's really not usual in our country, but I found this very funny. I acknowledge that these first days it was hard to adapt me. And especially with the food... The spice food was burning me ! And at breakfast, I was not accustomed to eat it... ! I know that when we are invited in another country we have to adapt us and eat the specialties... I tried of course ! 

Well, I think that the first day I had a little “culture chock”, some situations touched me: like to see sweet children in the street crying and asking money to eat, some persons who slept on the walk street or on the grass, all the Indian who ask to buy something, some handicapped persons laying on the floor... The most upsetting situation in which I was, was when we were in Delhi, waiting for the bus with Mr Vijay Kumar, a little boy came, he was maybe 4 years old, he was crying a lot and ask to eat. I didn't have sweets any more, I felt guilty to have this chance to travel, to have clean clothes without holes, to have the chance to sleep and eat whenever I want...


Finally, some days after, when I heard the speech of a man in the Cefipra the evening which said that we should try to not judge, I understood a new thing. And the day after I said to myself “play this game” and I tried... Immediately I felt better, and days after days I thought that I had always lived in India ! I'm still missing the traffic on the road, I loved the way you drive ! I would like have the same in France ! 
I found this travel more than marvelous, the sightseeing was (and is) exceptional, (I understand better why the Taj Mahal is one of the most beautiful monuments in the world...). And I forget to say the most important thing: I've never seen people so nice that in India. Thank to Mr Vijay Kumar, Mr Jain and Mrs Sathidevi who joined us, thank to you, Mr Shiva Prasad and all the Cefipra. I will never forget all of you, your kindness and all these wonderful moments that I spend in India. I hope that one day I will be able to come back again. 

Campmas Alexandra.
Bordeaux, France

1 comment: